One Day Programme: Values Based Decision Making
Values Based Decision Making
A core skill for People Professionals
Aim: This one-day workshop on ethical and values-based decision-making gives leaders and decision-makers the tools to identify risk and apply a values-based approach to decision-making. It will enable you to make decisions based on values, not beliefs, so enabling sound judgement to achieve the best outcome.
The programme will be delivered via a mix of activities ranging from presentations and interactive discussion of ideas and approaches by participants to action learning. You will leave the programme with an action plan and a set of tools and techniques to support it.
Full Workshop Schedule
At the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Articulate the benefits of values-based decision making to your organisation
- Apply a values based decision-making model to situations involving risk, resulting in sound rationale and defensible decision-making from legal, grievance or complaint-based issues or litigation
- Apply a values-based approach to moral dilemmas resulting in being able to make the right decision; thereby doing the right thing rather than simply doing the thing right
- Explain the need to develop common values or principles when working across partnerships or on cross-company projects to ensure a cohesive response to values-based decisions across multiple companies with differing mission statements, values or organisational cultures
- Plan for the implementation of a values based decision-making approach
Dates and Timings
Individual fees available on request – please enquire about group booking discounts.
Starting at 09:30 and finishing at 16:30
Wednesday 16th October 2019
Tuesday 12th November 2019
Tuesday 3rd December 2019
Tuesday 28th January 2020
Tuesday 18th February 2020
Facilitator: Wesley Trickey