CIPD Associate Qualifications
Who is the Associate for?
The Associate qualification allows you to develop your knowledge via formal certification and is ideal if you already have some experience of People Practice (PP) or Learning and Development (LD).
It is also relevant for managers who wish to develop their people management skills.
While studying, you will be a Student Member of CIPD. Achieving the qualification allows you to automatically become an Associate Member of CIPD after which you can use the designation ‘Assoc CIPD‘.
What will I learn?
You will study 7 units, providing knowledge focused on operational aspects of either People Management or Organisational Learning and Development. You will need to complete 3 Core, 3 Specialist and 1 of the available Optional units to achieve the Associate Diploma in People Management or the Associate Diploma in Learning and Development. There are 3 Core units common to both Diplomas:
- Organisational performance and culture in practice
- Evidence-based practice
- Professional behaviours and valuing people
We allow 12 months to complete, but our flexible approach means you can progress more quickly if you prefer or negotiate an extension if needed. For further details:
Unit Overview: Associate Diploma in People Management
Unit Overview: Associate Diploma in Organisational Learning and Development
CIPD Specification: Associate Diploma in People Management
CIPD Specification: Associate Diploma in Organisational Learning and Development
How do we deliver?
Our approach to qualification delivery is unique, flexible and focused on achieving the best possible experience for the learner.
Advisors with decades of experience coach the learner on a one to one basis, allowing each to progress at their own pace while receiving individualised feedback and support via direct video or audio discussion. Our technology allows questions to be asked on a real time basis, while the support sessions themselves are scheduled to suit the schedules of both learner and Advisor.
For further details of what sets us apart as a centre, see below for ‘What makes us special?’
What makes us special?
- Heritage: Established in 1986, we became a CIPD study centre in 1987. Our two principals, Maureen Scholefield and Carol Bates, have provided consistent leadership ever since.
- Care: Large enough to have substance, but small enough to care, we are known for our friendliness and expertise. You will be supported by our small, tight knit team, – we see learners as individuals and not just another person to be processed.
- Quality: All of our Advisors are Chartered Fellows of CIPD giving you the benefit of an experienced coach throughout your studies – and often beyond. Our candidates value the unique one to one coaching relationship with their Advisor, who is available to discuss more than just the programme they are taking.
- Choice: We are one of few centres offering all units in all of the CIPD qualifications and accepting learners who only wish to undertake a single unit to update and expand their knowledge and skills. We don’t have set start dates so you can start at a convenient time and when paying for yourself, have access to instalments with no interest charged.
- Flexibility: we enable you to fit your studies within their work schedule and personal commitments. Between formal deadlines, a direct Slack message to the Advisor means that as soon as they are free, they will give “just in time learning” to help. This flexible support is highly valued by our learners as it is personal to them.
- Resources: The programme textbook is sent to you for each qualification and is included in the fees. You have 24 hour access to our regularly updated curated resources area in the Cloud.
- An award winning approach: We practice what we preach; we are the only study centre accredited by Investors in People (IiP) with the highest standard of Platinum. In 2020 we were recognised as in the top ten organisations of our size.
- Future proofing: We have been supporting our learners in a virtual manner since 2010. This has given us the ability to support you with no interruption during COVID. Innovation is in our DNA. The latest technology is in use – Advisors can be contacted by Zoom, Slack or phone.
- Thorough induction: We carry out a technical induction to ensure you are comfortable with using the Slack collaborative tool and accessing your space in our Google cloud area. There is then a gentle induction into the programme and agreement of the first formal deadline.
- Professional Development: Our complimentary Circle of Peers events are designed to enable attendees to hear the latest thinking, to discuss and debate, and to network with fellow learners and those in the wider People community.
I have recently completed my CIPD Level 5 Diploma. I have to say Maureen and the whole team have made the experience so enjoyable and rewarding.
They are very personable and keep you on track perfectly all the way. Just contemplating my next course with them now. I highly recommend.
Getting my qualification with the Cullen Scholefield team was an absolute pleasure. They really helped guide me through my whole journey.
They helped make my journey through such a stressful time easier with adequate guidance and encouragement. Very grateful for the great experience I had with Carol and the whole team.
By completing the Level 5 Diploma in HR Management I have not only maximised my skills and knowledge in the field of HR but have increased my confidence levels immensely.
I thank my Advisor Carol for this, from start to finish she was really supportive working with me to balance learning and development into my daily working and personal life. Carol was always really constructive and always put me at ease throughout the learning sessions I really enjoyed working with her to achieve my qualification.