I’m Gareth Preece, a consultant with extensive experience across a range of clients. I am helping to build out the consultancy offer at Cullen Scholefield, providing opportunity for organisations to benefit from over 30 years of HR and organisational development expertise.
An innovative problem solver, I thrive on being able to help organisations find ways to be more effective. By bringing together the ‘people’ and ‘operational’ aspects of organisations, I am able to help look through the ‘symptoms’ and identify the root cause of problems – and develop strategies to address them. I specialise in workforce planning, talent strategies and organisational effectiveness – building on the work of developing HR professionals, through the consulting activity we can help to build capability for HR to support organisational strategy.
I have been involved in people development for over 20 years, and spent the last decade supporting multinational companies on talent strategies, workforce planning and organisational effectiveness on behalf of the government. I have worked for PA Consulting and EY, as a Senior Manager, and now thrive on the opportunity to engage directly with organisations to help them identify how to become more effective.
- Organisational effectiveness
- Workforce planning
- Innovative recruitment strategies
- Management development
- Aligning HR with organisational strategy
- Getting past the ‘symptoms’ to the problem
Qualifications & memberships
- Accredited Practitioner: Institute for Outdoor Learning (APIOL).
- Associate Member; Institute of Export. (AMIEx) (and member of the Academic Board)
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (Chartered MCIPD)
- Member of the Institute for Economic Development (MIED)