ILM Level 5 Effective Coaching and Mentoring
Who is the ILM Level 5 Coaching & Mentoring Programme for?
This qualification is ideal if you are a manager with significant responsibility for coaching and mentoring as part of your day-to-day role. It will also support you if you are planning to move into a development role in your organisation or start a career as a freelance coach and mentor.
The Result for You
You will be able to:
- Describe the role and responsibilities of the workplace coach and mentor
- Review how coaching and mentoring can impact an organisation
- Assess your own skills, behaviours and knowledge as a coach and mentor
- Provide evidence of your own development as a coach and mentor through the qualification
- Plan your further development
- Plan, deliver and review coaching and mentoring in your organisation
The Benefits for Employers
- Ensure the managers you develop as coaches are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need
- Develop a coaching and mentoring culture in your organisation
- Encourage managers to provide effective support for the development of others and improve their performance
- Provide a measurable impact on culture change in the organisation
What Will You Learn?
We offer two levels of qualification. At Level 5, the Certificate requires 160 hours of study time and the Diploma 380 hours.
ILM Level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
16 credits, 3 mandatory units, 18 hours of practice coaching
ILM Level 5 Diploma in
Effective Coaching and Mentoring
38 credits, 3 mandatory units, 54 hours of practice coaching
Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Coaching and Mentoring within an Organisational Context
(6 credits, 20 guided learning hours, Certificate & Diploma)
Undertaking Effective Coaching or Mentoring within an Organisational Context
(5 credits, 12 guided learning hours, Certificate only)
Undertaking an Extended Period of Effective Coaching or Mentoring within an Organisational Context
(27 credits, 20 guided learning hours, Diploma only)
Reviewing Own Ability as a Coach or Mentor within an Organisational Context
(5 credits, 10 guided learning hours, Certificate & Diploma)
How Do We Deliver?
Our approach to qualification delivery is unique, flexible and focused on achieving the best possible experience for the learner.
Advisors with decades of experience coach the learner on a one to one or small group basis, allowing each to progress at their own pace while receiving individualised feedback and support via direct video, audio or face to face discussion. Our technology allows questions to be asked on a real time basis, while the support sessions themselves are scheduled whenever possible to suit the schedules of both learner and Advisor.
For further details of what sets us apart as a centre, see below for ‘What makes us special?’
What Makes Us Special?
- Heritage: Established in 1986, we became a CIPD study centre in 1987 and have been delivering ILM qualifications since the '90s. Our two principals, Maureen Scholefield and Carol Bates, have provided consistent leadership ever since.
- Care: Large enough to have substance, but small enough to care, we are known for our friendliness and expertise. You will be supported by our small, tight knit team, – we see learners as individuals and not just another person to be processed.
- Quality: All of our Advisors are either Chartered Fellows of CIPD, ILM, or both, giving you the benefit of an experienced coach throughout your studies – and often beyond. Our candidates value the unique one to one coaching relationship with their Advisor, who is available to discuss more than just the programme they are taking.
- Choice: We are one of few centres offering a broad choice of units in all of the ILM qualifications. We don’t have set start dates so you can start at a convenient time and when paying for yourself, have access to instalments with no interest charged.
- Flexibility: we enable you to fit your studies within your work schedule and personal commitments. Between formal deadlines, a direct message to your Advisor means that as soon as they are free, they will give “just in time learning” to help. This flexible support is highly valued by our learners as it is personal to them.
- Resources: You have 24 hour access to our regularly updated curated resources area in the Cloud in addition to analysis and discussion of the latest reports at our Circle of Peers events.
- An award winning approach: We practice what we preach; we are the only study centre accredited by Investors in People (IiP) with the highest standard of Platinum. In 2020 we were recognised as in the top ten organisations of our size.
- Future proofing: We have been supporting our learners in a virtual manner since 2010. This has given us the ability to support you with no interruption during COVID. Innovation is in our DNA. The latest technology is in use – Advisors can be contacted by Zoom, Slack or phone.
- Thorough induction: We carry out a technical induction to ensure you are comfortable with using the Slack collaborative tool and accessing your space in our Google cloud area. There is then a gentle induction into the programme and agreement of the first formal deadline.
- Professional Development: Our complimentary Circle of Peers events are designed to enable attendees to hear the latest thinking, to discuss and debate, and to network with fellow learners and those in the wider People community.
Hear from some of our past candidates…
If you are looking for an organisation that promotes honesty, integrity, openness, exchange of ideas, one which deals with you in a straightforward way and treats you as an individual and not another statistic then Cullen Scholefield is who you want to sign up with.
Absolutely excellent! Maureen and the Team at Cullen Scholefield couldn’t have been more helpful, flexible and supportive at each and every stage. They were always available for support and advice and their insight into the course, and the subject matter underpinning it, was invaluable to me in my learning journey.
Having studied qualifications with Cullen Scholefield at both beginner and advanced levels, I honestly can’t recommend them highly enough to anyone looking to develop and take the next step in their careers.
I recently received my 20 year certificate from CIPD (gulp) and immediately messaged Carol to thank her from the bottom of my heart for all she has done for me over those years. Carol is incredibly unique and special. Carol is always there, always supportive, always guiding, always non-judgemental and always smiling whilst pushing in the right direction! HR is not a transactional function it is a compassionate one that treats employees fairly and reasonably, ensuring they have a voice and are listened to. HR is the conscience of a company.
Carol taught me that in 1999. I have never forgotten. Carol supported me with my recent Coaching qualification and it was wonderful to be working with her again. She’s guided me toward my MBA which I’m currently working on – thanks Carol! :o) I sincerely look forward to the next 20 years…