ILM Level 3 Leadership & Management
Who is the ILM Level 3 L&M Programme for?
These qualifications are ideal for those who have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing their abilities. They particularly support practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people though organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
The Result for You
- Gain a range of key management skills and put them into practice in your own role
- Build your leadership capabilities – motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently
- Develop your leadership and management skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations.
The Benefits for Employers
- Effective and confident first-line managers
- Better relationships and communication in teams
- Proven skills – to get these qualifications, managers will need to show that they can transfer their new skills to your organisation
- Managers with the tools to develop their own skills and abilities.
What Will You Learn?
We offer three levels of qualification. At Level 3, the Award requires 40 hours of study, the Certificate 130 hours and the Diploma 370 hours.
ILM Level 3 Award in
Leadership and Management
Min 4 / max 12 credits
ILM Level 3 Certificate in
Leadership and Management
Min 13 / max 36 credits
ILM Level 3 Diploma in
Leadership and Management
Min 37 credits
There are many units available which can be grouped under the following categories:
- Leadership and management – a range of units looking at the concepts of leadership and management within organisations
- Working with people – a range of units including how to deal effectively with stress and conflict, manage remote workers, dealing with discipline and grievance, recruitment and selection, build excellent customer relations, training and development
- Managing yourself and personal skills – including units that focus on assessing your own leadership performance and developing critical thinking, making presentations
- Providing direction – such as leading teams to achieve organisational goals and objective and making strong and informed management decisions.
- Facilitating innovation and change – for example, build a culture of continued improvement, and lead people through change
- Achieving results – such as managing for efficiency and effectiveness, managing in business, and managing projects that get results
- Using resources – including managing facilities and managing information.
Get in touch with us to find the units that best fit your individual and organisational aspirations and goals.
How Do We Deliver?
Advisors with decades of experience coach the learner on a one to one or small group basis, allowing each to progress at their own pace while receiving individualised feedback and support via direct video, audio or face to face discussion. Our technology allows questions to be asked on a real time basis, while the support sessions themselves are scheduled whenever possible to suit the schedules of both learner and Advisor.
For further details of what sets us apart as a centre, see below for ‘What makes us special?’
What Makes Us Special?
- Heritage: Established in 1986, we became a CIPD study centre in 1987 and have been delivering ILM qualifications since the '90s. Our two principals, Maureen Scholefield and Carol Bates, have provided consistent leadership ever since.
- Care: Large enough to have substance, but small enough to care, we are known for our friendliness and expertise. You will be supported by our small, tight knit team, – we see learners as individuals and not just another person to be processed.
- Quality: All of our Advisors are either Chartered Fellows of CIPD, ILM, or both, giving you the benefit of an experienced coach throughout your studies – and often beyond. Our candidates value the unique one to one coaching relationship with their Advisor, who is available to discuss more than just the programme they are taking.
- Choice: We are one of few centres offering a broad choice of units in all of the ILM qualifications. We don’t have set start dates so you can start at a convenient time and when paying for yourself, have access to instalments with no interest charged.
- Flexibility: we enable you to fit your studies within your work schedule and personal commitments. Between formal deadlines, a direct message to your Advisor means that as soon as they are free, they will give “just in time learning” to help. This flexible support is highly valued by our learners as it is personal to them.
- Resources: You have 24 hour access to our regularly updated curated resources area in the Cloud in addition to analysis and discussion of the latest reports at our Circle of Peers events.
- An award winning approach: We practice what we preach; we are the only study centre accredited by Investors in People (IiP) with the highest standard of Platinum. In 2020 we were recognised as in the top ten organisations of our size.
- Future proofing: We have been supporting our learners in a virtual manner since 2010. This has given us the ability to support you with no interruption during COVID. Innovation is in our DNA. The latest technology is in use – Advisors can be contacted by Zoom, Slack or phone.
- Thorough induction: We carry out a technical induction to ensure you are comfortable with using the Slack collaborative tool and accessing your space in our Google cloud area. There is then a gentle induction into the programme and agreement of the first formal deadline.
- Professional Development: Our complimentary Circle of Peers events are designed to enable attendees to hear the latest thinking, to discuss and debate, and to network with fellow learners and those in the wider People community.
Hear from some of our past candidates…
Having studied qualifications with Cullen Scholefield at both beginner and advanced levels, I honestly can’t recommend them highly enough to anyone looking to develop and take the next step in their careers.
Carol taught me that in 1999. I have never forgotten. Carol supported me with my recent Coaching qualification and it was wonderful to be working with her again. She’s guided me toward my MBA which I’m currently working on – thanks Carol! :o) I sincerely look forward to the next 20 years…