CIPD Foundation Qualifications
Who is the Foundation for?
The Foundation qualification provides the entry point into formal certification and is ideal if you are new to People Practice or Learning and Development.
It is also very relevant for managers who wish to develop their people management skills, particularly if you have not studied at a higher level before.
While studying, you will be a Student Member of CIPD. Achieving the qualification allows you to automatically become a Foundation Member of CIPD after which you can use the designation ‘Foundation Member‘.
What will I learn?
Four Core units are available to study providing an excellent grounding in People Practice and Learning and Development. You will need to complete all four to achieve the Foundation Certificate in People Practice:
- Business, culture and change in context
- Principles of analytics
- Core behaviours for people professionals
- Essentials of people practice
We allow 8 months to complete, but our flexible approach means you can progress more quickly if you prefer or negotiate an extension if needed. You are also able to study a single unit if you just want to brush up on a particular topic. For further details:
Unit Overview: Foundation Certificate in People Practice
CIPD Specification: Foundation Certificate in People Practice
How do we deliver?
Our approach to qualification delivery is unique, flexible and focused on achieving the best possible experience for the learner.
Advisors with decades of experience coach the learner on a one to one basis, allowing each to progress at their own pace while receiving individualised feedback and support via direct video or audio discussion. Our technology allows questions to be asked on a real time basis, while the support sessions themselves are scheduled to suit the schedules of both learner and Advisor.
For further details of what sets us apart as a centre, see below for ‘What makes us special?’
What makes us special?
- Heritage: Established in 1986, we became a CIPD study centre in 1987. Our two principals, Maureen Scholefield and Carol Bates, have provided consistent leadership ever since.
- Care: Large enough to have substance, but small enough to care, we are known for our friendliness and expertise. You will be supported by our small, tight knit team, – we see learners as individuals and not just another person to be processed.
- Quality: All of our Advisors are Chartered Fellows of CIPD giving you the benefit of an experienced coach throughout your studies – and often beyond. Our candidates value the unique one to one coaching relationship with their Advisor, who is available to discuss more than just the programme they are taking.
- Choice: We are one of few centres offering all units in all of the CIPD qualifications and accepting learners who only wish to undertake a single unit to update and expand their knowledge and skills. We don’t have set start dates so you can start at a convenient time and when paying for yourself, have access to instalments with no interest charged.
- Flexibility: we enable you to fit your studies within their work schedule and personal commitments. Between formal deadlines, a direct Slack message to the Advisor means that as soon as they are free, they will give “just in time learning” to help. This flexible support is highly valued by our learners as it is personal to them.
- Resources: The programme textbook is sent to you for each qualification and is included in the fees. You have 24 hour access to our regularly updated curated resources area in the Cloud.
- An award winning approach: We practice what we preach; we are the only study centre accredited by Investors in People (IiP) with the highest standard of Platinum. In 2020 we were recognised as in the top ten organisations of our size.
- Future proofing: We have been supporting our learners in a virtual manner since 2010. This has given us the ability to support you with no interruption during COVID. Innovation is in our DNA. The latest technology is in use – Advisors can be contacted by Zoom, Slack or phone.
- Thorough induction: We carry out a technical induction to ensure you are comfortable with using the Slack collaborative tool and accessing your space in our Google cloud area. There is then a gentle induction into the programme and agreement of the first formal deadline.
- Professional Development: Our complimentary Circle of Peers events are designed to enable attendees to hear the latest thinking, to discuss and debate, and to network with fellow learners and those in the wider People community.
I have worked with Cullen Scholefield for a number of years completing both Level 3 and Level 5 CIPD via distance learning and I was lucky enough to have Carol for both my qualifications.
Cullen Scholefield and Carol are people I couldn’t recommend enough due to their support, care, guidance and personal touch they give. I have felt supported from the start of my qualification to the very end. I couldn’t thank them enough and I would thoroughly recommend them!
Changing environment processes and increased business are always challenges…so I now have a better understanding of HR processes and desire to progress further.
The approach was flexible, I was able to complete the qualification in 6 months due to being given opportunity to work at my own speed.
I could do it all through distance learning. This was the main thing for me. I didn’t have to go to London.
I absolutely loved Maureen. She was so helpful, just perfect. Thank you very very much, for all the hard work and patience you’ve had, and getting me through it as quick as you did.