CIPD Advanced Qualifications
Who is the Advanced for?
The Advanced qualification allows you to develop your knowledge at the strategic level via formal certification and is ideal if you already have experience of People Management (PM) or Learning and Development (LD) or have previously studied at a higher level.
It is also relevant for managers who wish to maximise their organisation level people management skills.
While studying, you will be a Student Member of CIPD. Achieving the qualification automatically gives you Associate Member status and then provides the opportunity to upgrade to Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow. We support you with your upgrade, giving advice on which grade to aim for.
What will I learn?
You will study 8 units providing knowledge of strategic aspects of either People Management or Learning and Development. You will need to complete 4 Core, 3 Specialist and 1 of the available Optionals to achieve the Advanced Diploma in Strategic People Management or the Advanced Diploma in Strategic Learning and Development. The 4 Core shared units are:
- Work and working lives in a changing business context
- People management and development strategies for performance
- Personal effectiveness, ethics and business acumen
- Business research in people practice
We allow 24 months to complete, but our flexible approach means you can progress more quickly if you prefer or negotiate an extension if needed. For further details:
Unit Overview: Advanced Diploma in Strategic People Management
Unit Overview: Advanced Diploma in Strategic Learning and Development
CIPD Specification: Advanced Diploma in Strategic People Management
CIPD Specification: Advanced Diploma in Strategic Learning and Development
How do we deliver?
Our approach to qualification delivery is unique, flexible and focused on achieving the best possible experience for the learner.
Advisors with decades of experience coach the learner on a one to one basis, allowing each to progress at their own pace while receiving individualised feedback and support via direct video or audio discussion. Our technology allows questions to be asked on a real time basis, while the support sessions themselves are scheduled to suit the schedules of both learner and Advisor.
For further details of what sets us apart as a centre, see below for ‘What makes us special?’
What makes us special?
- Heritage: Established in 1986, we became a CIPD study centre in 1987. Our two principals, Maureen Scholefield and Carol Bates, have provided consistent leadership ever since.
- Care: Large enough to have substance, but small enough to care, we are known for our friendliness and expertise. You will be supported by our small, tight knit team, – we see learners as individuals and not just another person to be processed.
- Quality: All of our Advisors are Chartered Fellows of CIPD giving you the benefit of an experienced coach throughout your studies – and often beyond. Our candidates value the unique one to one coaching relationship with their Advisor, who is available to discuss more than just the programme they are taking.
- Choice: We are one of few centres offering all units in all of the CIPD qualifications and accepting learners who only wish to undertake a single unit to update and expand their knowledge and skills. We don’t have set start dates so you can start at a convenient time and when paying for yourself, have access to instalments with no interest charged.
- Flexibility: we enable you to fit your studies within their work schedule and personal commitments. Between formal deadlines, a direct Slack message to the Advisor means that as soon as they are free, they will give “just in time learning” to help. This flexible support is highly valued by our learners as it is personal to them.
- Resources: The programme textbook is sent to you for each qualification and is included in the fees. You have 24 hour access to our regularly updated curated resources area in the Cloud.
- An award winning approach: We practice what we preach; we are the only study centre accredited by Investors in People (IiP) with the highest standard of Platinum. In 2020 we were recognised as in the top ten organisations of our size.
- Future proofing: We have been supporting our learners in a virtual manner since 2010. This has given us the ability to support you with no interruption during COVID. Innovation is in our DNA. The latest technology is in use – Advisors can be contacted by Zoom, Slack or phone.
- Thorough induction: We carry out a technical induction to ensure you are comfortable with using the Slack collaborative tool and accessing your space in our Google cloud area. There is then a gentle induction into the programme and agreement of the first formal deadline.
- Professional Development: Our complimentary Circle of Peers events are designed to enable attendees to hear the latest thinking, to discuss and debate, and to network with fellow learners and those in the wider People community.
I studied with Cullen Scholefield a number of years ago, but wanted to take the opportunity to retrospectively thank them for their commitment to me whilst I completed my qualification. I can not fault Maureen and the CS support team, they always made themselves available for me and offered informed, constructive advice which was invaluable in helping me to achieve my Level 7 qualification.
The flexible nature of the qualification on offer with CS ensured I was able to deliver against the course requirements as well as holding down a demanding job. I have, and will continue to recommend CS to colleagues and peers…because, I simply wouldn’t be in the position I am today without their support!
This was my second time working with Cullen Scholefield and once again I was not disappointed!
The help, support and guidance provided by Maureen and her team was invaluable and I really wouldn’t have got there if it hadn’t been for Maureen’s ongoing encouragement and advice. A big thank you from me!
The prospect of returning to an academic environment was initially daunting. However, from the outset I found the Cullen Scholefield organisation to be incredibly friendly and that’s one of the main reasons why I chose to work with this company. Every question I had, they answered in a polite and speedy manner.
I never felt like a nuisance. Cullen Scholefield are a very friendly, professional organisation and I can’t thank them enough for supporting me in gaining my professional qualification.